Friday 1 June 2012 | Roberts Lecture Theatre | Darwin Lecture Theatre
Registration is now open for the UCL China Research Day on Friday 1 June 2012, a one-day event of thought-provoking lectures and discussions across UCL with senior figures from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and UCL research partners from China. The day concludes with the award to Professor Bai of a UCL Doctor of Science degree, ‘honoris causa’.
Everyone at UCL is invited to participate in this research day and to attend the degree ceremony and reception, whether they are already working with Chinese partners, or simply wish to find out about UCL China research and the work of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
The morning session is a forum of papers and open discussions with members of the CAS team: programme below.
During the afternoon the CAS team, and other Chinese research partners will be working in departments across the UCL campus.
The honorary degree ceremony will take place at 4pm, during which Professor Bai will speak about Progress and Prospective: Science, Technology and Innovation in China, with the opportunity for questions. The ceremony is followed by a reception in the North Cloister: programme below.
Reserve your places
Both events are free to attend, however we ask you to register in advance for each event (forum and degree ceremony) in order to assist with the organisation.
Online reservation both for the forum and for the degree ceremony is quick and simple via the event’s website at: www.ucl.ac.uk/global/china/china-research-day/ (Remember to make a separate booking for each event!).
The whole day is generously supported by the UCL EPSRC-funded project Global Engagement for Global Impact: Strategic Interaction with China, India, Germany and USA
CAS team: UCL contact, Professor Xiao Guo (Chemistry)
• Professor Chunli Bai, President
• Professor Tan Tieniu, the Deputy Secretary-General
• Professor Lu Yonglong, the Director-General of Bureau of International Cooperation
• Ms. Wang Dongyao, the Program Officer, Bureau of International Cooperation
• Professor Yuhan SUN, Deputy Director of Shanghai Advanced Research
• Professor Xu Tao, Director, Institute of
• Professor Chen WANG, Director, National Centre for Nanotechnology
• Professor Tao ZHANG Director of Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics
Departmental research partners
• Professor Gou-Qiang Chen: Vice President of Shanghai Jiao-Tong University, Chancellor of the Shanghai Jiao-Tong University School of Medicine. UCL contact: Professor Tariq Enver (Stem Cell Biology, UCL Cancer Institute)
• Professor Zhan Guo, Vice-President of ICOMOS (International Council on Monuments and Sites), UCL contact: Mr Tim Williams (UCL Institute of Archaeology)
• Professor Xiaofan Wang, Vice Dean of School of Electronic, Information and Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao-Tong University. UCL contact: Dr Shi Zhou (UCL Computer Science)
• Professor Bing-Hong Wang, Director of Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Science and Technology of China. UCL contact: Dr Shi Zhou (UCL Computer Science)
• Professor Xue-Qi Cheng, Director of Key Laboratory of Network Science and Technology, Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. UCL contact: Dr Shi Zhou (UCL Computer Science)
• Professor CHEN Fahu, Director, CAEP, Key Laboratory of West China’s Environmental System, (Ministry of Education), Lanzhou University. UCL contact: Professor Jonathan Holmes (UCL Geography)
• Professor Ziwei Yu, Professor of Otolaryngology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated First People’s Hospital, UCL host: Prof Robert Brown (UCL Institute of Orthopaedics & Musculoskeletal Science )
大家好，UCLU-CSSA 2011 AGM (annual general meeting) 暨换届选举预定于2011年3月4日 17:00-19:00 在Cruciform LT2 (UCL正门对面的Cruciform大楼内) 举行，希望诸位可以在百忙之中抽空参加，本次AGM将总结CSSA在2010-2011年度的工作成果和经验教训。 希望2010届学联执委会在最后一段任期中，能一如既往地完成既定工作，为下一届学联的发展打好基础。 继续阅读“UCLU-CSSA Annual General Meeting 暨换届选举”